Friday, September 2, 2011

Leaving for School Tomorrow.....

Can you believe it? Whereto hath this summer gone? It's bittersweet. The best thing about the summer has been the positive reinforcement my Mom and Dad have given me about my own personal growth. And they really like, love and respect where I've gotten to. Ben Franklin said "if you would be loved, love and be lovable". I'm there. It's great.

I'm really looking forward to moving ahead in my life. I think I've got my priorities right. I'm in a good place. I know that I need a couple more years in the university environment. Sure, it may be a "safe" place - but right now - I'm a sponge and what I learn is only going to make me grow and be a better person and help me solidify the direction I'll be going in my life journey.

Working with my Dad at his medical practice has been great. It's been nice to get to know him - not so much a a boss - but as a focused, compassionate man. He helped me to deal with some really sad and bad things that happen to people. Papa Bear was so pleased to see me with patients. My sense of humour. My compassion. And it meant a lot how my co-workers welcomed and loved having me there.

My Mom - quite frankly - I think she's great. I'm going to miss her.

The two of those guys together. They've got it all going on. I'm so happy for them. I will work to have the kind of marriage they do - but that can wait. I'm going to kiss a lot more frogs before I find my prince.

Anyway - I had a late night and our family is going out for dinner later (to celebrate their 2 girls leaving for school - note I said CELEBRATE - makes me wonder what those crazy kids will be up to without me around to keep them in line). Napping is good - this I learned from my 5 dogs.

Later my friends.

2 comments:

  1. my mom hacked me, again. best hack, ever. love you <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME MEMORY. THANK YOU Kelsey Edwards!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete